Our Top Ten Reasons to see Béla & the boys at Louisville's Brown Theatre on April 28 are:
- More to love! Concerts on this tour are averaging 3+ hours in length
- Expect an extended solo tribute to the late Earl Scruggs
- Settle the argument: Which is more progressive? Newgrass or Banjo Jazz?
- Come as you are! Hippies, folkies, jazz-heads, everyone finds something up their alley at a Flecktones concert
- [Home court advantage] Béla and the Flecktones performed publicly for the first time over twenty years ago at The Kentucky Center, as part of our Lonesome Pine series
- Reviewers are gushing with comments like "transcendent, mesmerizing marathon show"
- Victor Wooten is the most innovative bassist since Jaco Pastorius
- Victor's brother - FUTUREMAN - invented a completely new percussion instrument, the Drumitar
- The group sounds like Theolonious Monk meets Bill Monroe
- Béla plays the banjo like nobody's business!
Tickets start at $25. Ticketing information available here.