On Wednesday, June 10, The Kentucky Center officially announced that, after ten years of exemplary leadership, C. Edward Glasscock has decided to step down as Chair of the Center's Board of Directors. Glasscock will continue to serve as a member of the board and as Chairman Emeritus.
In addition to guiding the Center in its recent success at procuring $8.9 million from the General Assembly for deferred maintenance, Glasscock has been instrumental in a host of successes throughout his tenure, including:
- the Center's $4.1 million renovation in 2001 the $8 million in improvements to the Brown Theatre, which is operated by The Kentucky Center
- the search for a new President for The Kentucky Center in 2003 and again in 2005
- the celebrations of the Center's 20th and 25th anniversaries
-the nationwide exposure surrounding a Town Hall meeting in 2005 with President George W. Bush
- the Grand Opening of the Muhammad Ali Center in 2005
- the Southern Legislative Leadership Conference in 2006
- the opening of the new KentuckyShow! in 2008
- the Ryder Cup Gala in 2008
- the adoption of The Kentucky Center as the home of the IdeaFestival in 2009
Everyone at The Kentucky Center thanks Ed for all he has done, and is thrilled he will continue his good work as a board member!